3 May 2018
Is your child getting christened? This is a very special day as they are baptised and begin their journey with God. Are you thinking of commemorating this special event after the church service with a celebration to mark the occasion?
You may be thinking of holding an event at home, however, this can add pressure on the day, and can lead you to not joining in with the celebrations as you play host, and potentially miss out on the valuable time to catch up with family and friends on this special day.
Using a venue to host your christening celebration, can ensure everyone is able to enjoy the occasion.
You’re likely to be considering:
- A venue that’s in an accessible location, and ideally has plenty of parking to accommodate all your guests
- The numbers attending – with a family and close friends, including children, guest numbers can quite quickly increase
- The food on offer – whether to have a hot or cold buffet; or if it’s a small celebration with immediate family, a sit down meal
- Is there space for older children to move around and let off some steam?
- Is there easy access for all, with facilities, including relatives who may need a little more space to move around?
The Mercure York Fairfield Manor is the ideal venue for your christening celebration, and can help with all these points and more. With a number of event rooms to accommodate your guests, we’ll ensure your event room matches your guest numbers. We’ll discuss food options with you, and can cater for your preferences, whether that’s a hot or cold buffet, with tasty food the children will enjoy, or a more formal meal. We can ensure there is a table available to hold any christening gifts your child may be receiving.
The hotel is located just 3 miles from the centre of York, is easily accessible, and has free parking for 120 cars.
With the hotel taking care of the celebration arrangements, you can spend your time on ensuring everything is prepared for the christening service, from the gown to the godparents.
If you’re interested in hosting your child’s christening celebration at the Mercure York Fairfield Manor, just get in touch, we’ll be happy to help. Simply call Anna on 01904 225 012, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.