Getting to know… Beth Rankin
11 March 2019
In our new Q&A series, we ask our employees 8 quickfire questions – regarding their roles, preferences, and the dynamic world of hospitality – so you can get to know our wonderful staff a little bit better. They only have 5 minutes to answer, so let’s go…
Name: Beth Rankin
Job role: C&E sales manager
- Summarise your role in one sentence:
I’m responsible for planning, organising and seeing through all of the Hotel’s conferences, events and weddings.
- What’s your favourite part of the job?
Dealing with customers and receiving great feedback after an event.
- One word your colleagues would use to describe you:
- What’s your favourite dish on the Hotel menu?
Without a doubt, the sticky toffee pudding – it’s delicious!
- And your favourite tipple?
It’s got to be a classic gin & tonic.
- Where is the one place you HAVE to go when visiting York?
Plonkers Wine Bar, it’s located just by the riverside.
- Who would be your dream guest at the Hotel?
- Describe working at Mercure York in three words:
Happy, inspiring and challenging.