Getting to know… Lisa Galloway
11 March 2019
In our new Q&A series, we ask our employees 8 quickfire questions – regarding their roles, preferences, and the dynamic world of hospitality – so you can get to know our wonderful staff a little bit better. They only have five minutes to answer, so let’s go…
Name: Lisa Galloway
Job role: Front office manager
- Summarise your role in one sentence:
I ensure the smooth running of our front office, as well as motivating the team and helping to ensure that guests have an amazing stay with us.
- What’s your favourite part of the job?
Talking and getting to know all of the people who stay here!
- One word your colleagues would use to describe you:
- What’s your favourite dish on the Hotel menu?
I love halloumi, so any dish that includes this is a winner!
- And your favourite tipple?
Southern Comfort, lime and lemonade – simple and delicious.
- Where is the one place you HAVE to go when visiting York?
You have to enjoy a river cruise on a hot day.
- Who would be your dream guest at the Hotel?
Amy Adams – her character enchants me.
- Describe working at Mercure York in three words:
Challenging, exciting and unpredictable!