5 December 2018
Are you on the organising committee for your school prom? Looking for some advice and guidance on where to start?
There can be a lot to think about, so here are our top tips for getting started:
- Have an idea of the number of the students who will be coming to prom. This will help you select a venue that can accommodate you.
- Consider the location of the venue, it is easily accessible? Is there plenty of parking to allow for students to be dropped off?
- Visit the venue to get a feel for it; can you envisage everyone there celebrating? Does the venue have an outdoor area where students can enjoy the warm summer weather?
- Can the venue help with any added extras? e.g. photographer, a live band, photo booth, themed decorations, first drink on arrival etc.
- Choose your date as you’ll be looking to tie the prom in with the end of exams. Ensure your chosen venue can accommodate you, and secure your booking.
- Discuss food options with your venue. Are you looking for an informal buffet, or a more formal sit down meal? You may have guests with special dietary requirements, so ensure the venue can accommodate them and advise on any allergens.
- Does the venue have a dedicated named contact to provide help and advice on the lead up to your prom?
The Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel can cater for your prom. With experience of hosting memorable events, we’ll help you party in style as you celebrate the end of exams and the beginning of the next chapter.
With a dedicated Event Co-ordinator, you’ll have one point of contact who will be happy to provide advice and guidance on food options, any decorations, and entertainment. They’re only a call or email away.
The Mercure York Fairfield Manor hotel is easily accessible, located just 3 miles from York, with plenty of parking. The hotel is set in 6 acres of grounds, providing ideal opportunities for memorable photographs with your friends.
Looking for the perfect prom venue? Just call Anna at the Mercure York Fairfield Manor on 01904 225012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.